Yoga is a collective and dynamic practice – you are an individual within the collective
Simple Tips to be a Good Yoga Student:
The Yoga culture can be daunting, so here are a few tips to make our studio a happy place to practice:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in, get your mat and props set up and take time to sit quietly to breath, stretch, or meditate.
- Look around, smile, say hello to the people you will be practicing with.
- Take your shoes off before coming into the studio.
- Keep the floor space around you clear by storing personal belongings in one of our cubby’s.
- Respect the teachers sequencing – it’s OK to modify a pose think about the distraction to the teacher and fellow students if you are doing something totally different.
- Turn all devices off. Yoga is about being fully present in the moment and this can’t happen if phones are pinging and students are checking their iWatches.
- Don’t use perfumes or oils etc. as strong scents do travel and can adversely affect other students breathing.
- Be aware of your space – classes can be packed so if you see someone looking for a space, please make room.
- Please do not walk on anyone else’s mat.
- Savasana is an important conclusion to your practice and a time most students relish. If you cannot stay, please leave before Savasana and tidy up your props.
- If you have used our props, please put them away tidily.